USBR awards $35.3 million to reuse projects in California
The US Bureau of Reclamation has awarded $35.3 million to six water reclamation and reuse projects in California, US.
The funding is for projects that will help to improve flexibility of supply during water shortages and diversity the water supply. They are Title XVI projects which are authorised by the US Congress to receive funding through a competitive process for planning, design and/ or construction activity.
The six are:
* City of Escondido, reverse osmosis facility, $5 million
* City of San Diego, Pure Water San Diego, $9 million
* City of San Jose, South Bay Water Recycling improvements, $2.5 million
* Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District, Horsethief Canyon Wastewater Reclamation Facility, $2.7 million
* Hi-Desert Water District, Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Project, $8.7 million
* Padre Dam Municipal Water District, East County Advanced Water Purification Program, $7.4 million