SWCC lets systems contract for RO training room
Cyprus-incorporated Hyperion Systems Engineering announced on 16 September 2013 that it would supply a generic operator training simulator (OTS) system for the Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC) in Saudi Arabia.The company will also take on the civil works (by subcontract) for the OTS room at the SWCC Training Center, which is for the Reverse Osmosis (RO) Project
Hyperion Simulation will be responsible for the functionality and handover of the complete system. Its responsibilities on the project will include:
· Development of the dynamic process models for the RO plant, using DYNSIM dynamic simulation software.
· Emulation of the distributed control system (DCS) controls
· Emulation of the operator station (emulated DCS screens)
· Emulation of the Safety System
· Integration of the process models with the emulated Safety System and emulated DCS
· Development of the Instructor Station
· Hardware and software procurements
· Installation and commissioning at SWCC Training Center
· Provision of appropriate training and documentation (manuals and specifications)
· Management of the civil works subcontractor.
Fahad Al-Minqash, training administration manager of SWCC Training Center stated, "The RO OTS for our training center is an important project for us. We have many scheduled training courses on RO, and we wish to enrich our theoretical training with a simulator for the process, allowing for hands-on training using the simulator."