Papers invited for 3rd salinity forum in June 2014
Papers have been invited for the 3rd International Salinity Forum in Riverside, California, in June 2014.The purpose of the forum, to be held at the Riverside Convention Center on 16-18 June 2014, is to present advancements in research, practice, and policy on salinity management.
The forum will also address issues that are critical to salinity management, maintaining or enhancing food production, and economic and social impacts. It is being sponsored by the Southern California Salinity Coalition (which is administered by National Water Research Institute), California Institute for Water Resources, Santa Ana Watershed Project Authority, and many others.
Abstract topics include:
· Social and economic impacts of salinization.
· Sustainable soil management under irrigation with saline waters.
· Salt tolerance of crop and pasture species.
· Regional watershed and basin management strategies for salinity control.
· Wildlife impacts related to salinization.
· Mapping and monitoring salinity at regional and field scales.
· Development of plants with improved salt tolerance.
· Treated sewage water reuse and disposal.
· Conjunctive use of surface water, groundwater, and recycled drainage water.
The deadline for abstracts is 1 January 2014.
More information about the forum, including complete abstract submission guidelines, may be found at salinityforum2014.ucr.edu.
© Faversham House Group Ltd 2013. Water. desalination + reuse news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.