Forward-osmosis companies launch international association
Four companies specializing in forward osmosis membrane technology launched the International Forward Osmosis Association (IFOA) on 7 April 2014.According to IFOA's website forwardosmosis.biz the aims of the association are:
· Advocating for the global adoption, understanding and benefits of forward osmosis.
· Establishing and promoting forward osmosis industry standards, specifications, procedures and terminology.
· Providing a professional network for information exchange all topics related to forward osmosis.
· Providing a single industry voice between its membership and the general public.
· Encouraging cooperation between industry and government institutions for acceptance, regulation and performance standards for forward osmosis.
The founding companies are Modern Water (UK), Hydration Technology Innovations, Trevi Systems and Porifera (all USA). Each company supplies one director: William Harvey (Modern Water), Walt Schultz (HDI), John Webley (Trevi) and Oljika Bakajin (Porifera).
IFOA will hold an Annual World Summit on 18-19 September 2014, in Lisbon, Portugal, just prior to the International Water Association's world congress, which will provide a platform to promote information exchange.
© Faversham House Group Ltd 2014. Water. desalination + reuse news articles may be copied or forwarded for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.