California extends desalination funding deadline
The California Department of Water Resources has extended to 31 January 2014 its
deadline for the receipt of applications for desalination grant funding.
This is the third round of Proposition 50 funding to support projects that develop brackish
and seawater desalination as a water supply. Up to US$ 8.7 million will be distributed
during this funding round.
The types of projects to be funded are:
· Construction projects having a completed feasibility study or facility plan, and permitting
and design either ready to proceed or already proceeding towards construction of a full-scale
desalination treatment or brine disposal facility
· Pilot study or demonstration projects with a completed feasibility study or facility
plan to assess one or more components of a specific, planned facility
· Feasibility study, including environmental documentation, to assess the viability of
implementing a brackish groundwater desalination project in a specific area
· Environmental documentation to supplement a completed feasibility study of an
ocean desalination project
· Research project to support permitting agencies in establishing policies and
regulatory criteria for water desalination projects and that are not for the purpose of assessing a
comments powered by Disqus.
© Faversham House Group Ltd 2014. Water. desalination + reuse news articles may be copied or forwarded
for individual use only. No other reproduction or distribution is permitted without prior written consent.