Bidding shapes up for Shuqaiq 3 desal plant
Six consortia have bid for Shuqaiq 3 desalination plant project in Saudi Arabia, a public-private partnership expected to include a 25-year concession.
The consortia are:
* Veolia, Marafiq, and Alamwal Alkhallejiah Althaniya;
* Aqualia, Nesma, and Haaco;
* Marubeni, Acciona, Abdullatif Jameel, and Rawafid;
* Engie, Mitsubishi, SSEM, and Metito;
* Acwa Power, Albatain Contracting, Saudi Brothers Co; and
* Cobra, Orascom, Alblagha Investment.
The project is for a 380,000 m3/d seawater reverse osmosis plant in the city of Shuqaiq, on the Red Sea coast.