Metito Case Study: Water Treatment for South Bangkok Combined Cycle Power Plant Stage II
To cater for the increasing demand for power and for the surge in industrial needs
Location: South Bangkok
Plant Type: Water & Wastewater Treatment & Demineralisation
Capacity: Different capacities for various packages
Use: Power Plant
End User: EGAT
Consultant/Project Manager: Black & Veatch International & Sindhu Pulsirivong Consultants
Contract Type: Turnkey Design & Build, Including Civil Works
Scope of Work
The scope included the complete design, engineering, manufacture, supply, inspection and testing, fabrication, installation, commissioning and performance test of the water and wastewater treatment packages which comprise the following:
- Circulating water make-up treatment system utilising four automatic cyclone separators to treat a flow of 3780 m3/h. The system clarifies water from the Chao Phraya river, where suspended solids level varies widely due to strong tidal influences.
- lon exchange demineralisation plant for cycle make-up system with a capacity of 147.6 m3/h, including activated carbon filters, primary cation exchangers, forced draft degasser, primary anion exchangers and a mixed bed polisher, all in two 50% streams.
- Chemical waste collection and treatment system operating on a 600 m3 batch treatment principle.
- 90 m3/day extended aeration sanitary drainage & treatment system.
- Auxiliary water supply units â€“ 150 m3/h each.
- Miscellaneous mechanical and architectural services along with HVAC, lighting, fire protection and communication systems.
- DCIS based complete control system for overall plant operation
- A total solution for the power plant water and wastewater treatment needs.
- An efficient design that takes into consideration the stringent requirements laid down by the owner and the project manager.
- Client ease of mind since all packages are handled by one contractor, Metito.
- A reliable plant that takes into consideration the varying quality of the feedwater.
- A safe proof design that meant trouble free operation and minimum downtime.
- Timely execution which was imperative for start-up of the power plant.
- Full local support from a well-established company with â€œLocal Presence and Global Knowhowâ€
Metito Case Study: Seawater Desalination Plant, Sharm El-Sheik – Egypt
Metito Case Study: Water & Wastewater Treatment, National Fertiliser Public Company – Thailand
National Fertilizer Public Company Ltd. of Thailand (NFC) constructed a modern NPK fertilizer plant
Metito Case Study: Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants for Asam-Asam Steam Power Plant – Kalimantan-Indonesia
The Indonesian government awarded an international consortium
Metito Case Study: Sewage treatment works for Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
Metito is the leading provider of choice for total intelligent water management solutions in the emerging markets
Metito Process Engineering and Design
Metito has excelled in utilising its knowhow to integrate various technologies to offer tailor-made water and wastewater treatment solutions that provide optimum designs
Metito Water Utilities and Investments
With a unique shareholder makeup
Metito Chemicals Solutions
Metito Chemicals manufactures its own chemicals with multiple production sizes and offers solutions for vast applications and industries including
Instruments & controls
Metito Water Management
Metito Utilities offers intelligent and integrated solutions for water network management that include tailor-made systems which allows the operator to remotely and continuously monitor and identify problems