The ACCIONA Agua JV is the delivery contractor for the project and is responsible for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the A$300M water treatment plant.
The original G&AWS scheme was developed in 1895 when C. Y. O'Connor engineered a scheme to deliver 23 MLD of untreated water to the Goldfields region through the construction of the Mundaring Weir, 530 kilometres of 30” pipeline, and delivered using eight steam-driven pumping stations. A world class engineering feat of the era! Since then this water system has been progressively upgraded, the new Mundaring Water Treatment Plant and pumping stations being the latest of these improvements to be implemented.
- Client: Water Corporation
- Contract award:February 2009
- Location: Mundaring, Australia
- Technology: Dissolved Air Flotation Filtration (DAFF) and Biological Activated Carbon (BAC)Dissolved Air Flotation Filtration (DAFF) and Biological Activated Carbon (BAC)
- Maximun capacity: 165 ML/d expandable to 240 ML/d
- Facilities: Water treatment plant, pumping station and integration works
- Project term: 37 years
- Capital cost: AU$300 million
- Operations:AdelaideAqua Pty Ltd, a company owned equally by ACCIONA Agua and Trility Pty Ltd will jointly operate and maintain the facility for 20 years