Executive Director Position
31 July 2012, News release from The American Membrane Technology Association (AMTA)
American Membrane Technology Association (AMTA) is recruiting for an Executive Director to join the organization starting January 2013.
The Director will serve as a visionary leader and an ambassador for the organization in a manner that ensures financial stability, generates membership growth and achieves the Association's vision and goals.
The Director will also be responsible for developing and directing a multifaceted communication and outreach strategy to enhance AMTA's role as America's authority in membrane water treatment. The Director reports directly to the AMTA Board of Directors (BOD) and will oversee the management of the association including its contracted Administrative Director and staff. Position is for a three year term subject to annual renewal at the discretion of the BOD. To learn more about AMTA, please visit our website at www.amtaorg.com
The candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Fifteen years experience in water treatment, membrane and/or desalination
- Experience working with or leading non-profit associations
- Possess strategic, business, marketing and political skills to strengthen the organization and grow its membership
- Ability to foster relationships with the membership, industry associations, government and industry leaders
- Lead legislative, regulatory, governmental and industry initiatives
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively as the primary spokesperson for the organization
- Must be willing to travel and promote the organization, and participate in conferences and meetings
- Must be comfortable working with the BOD as well as supervising and managing association volunteer committees
An ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated, energetic, results-focused executive with a collaborative leadership style that inspires respect, exhibits confidence and has a persuasive presence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion for fulfilling the mission of the Association
- Candidate must demonstrate progressive, frontline leadership, ability to think strategically, make decisions, and focus the Association's resources on mission specific initiatives
AMTA has budgeted $85,000 for this position for 2013 with up to a 6% increase each year thereafter. Travel and other expenses directly related to AMTA business will be paid up to $20,000 per year.
In addition to salary and travel, an annual performance incentive pay up to $10,000 may be awarded at the sole discretion of the BOD based on the established performance guidelines.
Application: To apply for this position, please submit the following in confidence by Friday, September 14, 2012 to the selection committee chairs: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest with salary request
- Full resume
- Employment and salary history
- Your approach in meeting AMTA goals and your compatibility to this position
For further information please email The American Membrane Technology Association (AMTA)