Qualifloc AF series - ACRYLAMIDE FREE coagulants / flocculants
Special ACRYLAMIDE FREE cationic/ anionic polymers with high molecular weight specifically designed to promote quick solid/ liquid phases separation in waste water treatment plants and process water. Strong coagulating agents for waste water treatment used in settling/ flotation units.
Qualifloc AF Product Range
Products belonging to the Qualifloc AF series are:
• Qualifloc AF 100 (cationic, linear chain)
• Qualifloc AF 100 CLC (cationic cross-linked chain)
• Qualifloc AF 100 BC (cationic, branched chain)
• Qualifloc AF 100 A (anionic, linear chain)
Qualifloc AF series products have been specifically developed for applications in which poly-acrylamide and/ or AMD residual monomer are undesirable, e.g. in the re-use of residual sludge. These products are particularly advised for liquid-solid separation with high biological content sludge and high-mechanic solicitation machine treatments.
Qualifloc AF series products are used to improve solid/ liquid separation in several applications as industrial processes and waste water streams, mining, steel industry, refinery, and petrochemical processes.
These products are designed to promote quick solid/ liquid phases separation in waste water treatment plants and process water. Tailored for settling - flotation units, dewatering machines and wherever is required a quick and complete separation of solids from water.
Water phase if left clean allows a discharge at minimum level of residual suspended solids while solid phase is separated with minimum level of residual water.
• Maximize settling rates
• Improve discharged water clarification
• Work over a wide range of pH
• Can be used alone or after a primary inorganic or organic flocculants addition
• High efficiency as sludge conditioning aid
Main advantages compared to standard PAM-based products:
• Safer handling
• No Acrylamide monomer presence in the dry sludge
• Higher efficiency in dewatering due to very high cationic/anionic charge
Application and dosage level
Diluted working solution of Qualifloc is prepared adding it to industrial water under agitation. To obtain a complete polymer dissolution the required contact time into service tank is minimum ½ hour. Advised standard contact time is 1 hour.
Typical treatment level (product “as is”):
• Flocculant: 0.5-30 ppm
• Coagulant aids: 1-5 ppm
• Filtration aids: 0.05-1 ppm
• Sludge conditioning aids: 20-600 grams per ton of sludge to be dewatered
Qualifloc AF series products show advantages in the use in belt presses, centrifuges.For the selection of the correct product from the Qualifloc AF series, accurate dosage level recommendation, sales specifications sheet and MSDS please contact your local Italmatch representative.
Italmatch does have sample kits available for the selection of the most appropriate product (and associated dosage level) from our Qualifloc / Qualipol range.
• Drums: 210 kg
• IBC: 1050 kg
• Bulk: available on request